Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Increasing efficiency

Tony_55
Tony_55 Member Posts: 8
I have a peerless boiler wv3 3 section with a tankless coil and a honey well aquastat L 7224 c 1004 model. House is 2200 sq ft and has 3 zones. The tankless coil of course has a mixing valve. What can I do to increase efficiency - Can i still put a Taco 702 outdoor reset on this. Should i put a Storage type electric water aqua booster or an indirect type . Is this feasible with this set up. I know a lot of questions but all help and suggestions welcome

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Best Way

In my opinion would be to 1st scrap the tankless coil and add an indirect water heater. Second make sure I also add a zone control w/priority. Third, either add a Beckett Heat Manager or outdoor reset. This is how I would start.

Do a heat loss of each room. Compare the heat loss to your current heat emiiters (baseboard, radiators, etc). Come up with a curve. I would proably use Taco Zone controls so I could add the PC701 outdoor reset control. I would then make sure I repiped the enitre system for constant circulation and make sure I have a boiler by-pass to protect my old 1950's technology boiler from cracking. Now if I couldn't re-pipe the entire system I would def do the boiler by-pass. I would also take a look at my firing rate to see if I could down-fire the boiler also. Good luck.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • KevinCorr
    KevinCorr Member Posts: 106

Yes, I would also vote for the indirect tank.

The 2d part is good but you may be just as well off putting that money toward getting a modern boiler.
This discussion has been closed.