Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

DOE net for oil

Options
Good start,,,<BR>If an oil-burner @100 psi pump pressure runs <i>continuously</i> for 1 hour,, it will have injected 1 US gallons into the combustion chamber to be used as heat.<BR>The units ability to extract that heat is of course, up-to the manufactures design.<BR><BR>Edit; Sorry I forgot,, that`s if it has a rated 1 GPH nozzle.<BR>1 GPH = 144,000 BTU <BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• Harvey_2
    Harvey_2 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    What is the D.O.E net for this boiler

The owner wants to change from oil to a mod con LP boiler. What would be the D.O.E. net btu rating for this setup?
    Trianco Heatmaker m/n max75dv Beckett AFII 150 burner
    .65gph 60 degree B nozzle. Thanks for your help
  • Unknown
    Options
    harvey

I`m not familiar with Trianco Heatmaker oil fired units, but first things first, it sounds like you are trying to size from the existing oil unit, THIS USUALLY IS A BIG MISTAKE!
    M/C boilers will vary their firing rate to the load,,, I would strongly suggest you start with an accurate HL to come-up with the water temperature the homeowner needs.

BTW- Do you have any idea on how an oil-burner nozzle is rated?,, but that`s just the beginning.

Dave
  • Harvey_2
    Harvey_2 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Yes, I do agree with heat loss calculations. However if the H.O. has kept a close eye on the operation over the years and says the unit runs pretty much all the time during design conditions and the house is comfortable, I'll go with that. No, I don't know how nozzles are rated, but at some point it comes down to BTU's. Thanks
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    The OEM

spec for that unit is .65 70 B @ 140 PSI or .769 GPH or 107,000 BTU/Hr input. Assuming the pump pressure is 140 PSI. I would estimate it at 85,000 output.
    None of this is a replacement for a heat loss
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.