Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tankless gas water heater

Options
Rich Kontny_3
Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
Navien has a unit that condensates and can be snorkeled through up to 30 feet of vent piping (pvc) This is a nice unit, well engineered and easy to install. You do need somewhere to drain the condensate though.

Comments

• Pringles
    Pringles Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Tankless gas water heater

Can any of the popular tankless gas water heaters be "snorkeled" up on the outside wall to gain the required distance needed above grade? Thanks in advance for any suggestions
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Options
    Rinnai

Rinnai offers a "snorkel" vent kit for a horizontal termination. Their vent comes from Ubbinik (manufacturer?)

Peace

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Pringles
    Pringles Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks Eric

Any chance you have a link to more info?
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Options
    Try this

You could try calling Rinnai @ 1-866-RINNAI-1 (toll free)

web site: rinnai.us & foreverhotwater.com

I have a Rinnai tankless water heater training booklet I received from one of their sales reps. Included with this booklet is a great catalog of the venting materials available for the heaters.

I have installed quite a few of these units and have been satisfied, however, I really like the Navien tankless units also (PVC venting is easier/cheaper)

Peace

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Options
    Thanks Eric

I was beginning to think I was chopped liver. Navien is the innovator of the high efficiency unit. I like the way they do the inside too and the buffer tank option.
This discussion has been closed.