Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

cordless drills/ impact drivers

Options
Jim Bennett
Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
cordless tools in my truck are Dewalt 14.4

I have a few Makita 18v drills and saws at home and the battery life of those can't compare to the Dewalt.

The reason I have not gone Dewalt 18 is because the 14.4 are so good.

Nothing compares to the plug though. It never runs out ;)

Jim
Jim Bennett

Comments

• kpc_75
    kpc_75 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    I know it has...

been asked before.... but new stuff arrives often. What have you guys used that is reliable and has a good/ great battery life. I have a 14.4v Dewalt impact driver that does work but the battery life is not so hot.
    Anyone tried the new Bosch imact drivers? seems like you can put it in your pocket when not using it....only 12v.
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458
    Options

I have a ridigd impact driver and love it. Battery life pretty good.
  • George J.
    George J. Member Posts: 25
    Options

I have a Milwaukee V28 cordless sawzall and drill. I spent a lot of money on them because I was not happy with how often I was replacing my Dewalt batteries. The V28 is no better. Every time I go to use it they are dead and I have to charge them even if it was fully charged the day before and not used. I have three batteries and they all have this problem. When I replace them I will be buying Ryobi so that when they break I can just throw them away. It's not worth the extra money to buy the "good" tools.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Chris S
    Chris S Member Posts: 177
    Options
    battery drills

We have Makita, and Panasonic Lithium Ion impacts, and both are very good drills. I have had the Makita for over 2 years & it's still going strong - with daily use. We only bought the Panasonics because the kit was a better buy when we needed them, and there was no comparable Makita kit at the time.
    Also have a bunch of the Dewalt 14 v & 18V same comments as above, and those batteries are expensive.
  • adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    !

I bought the Panasonic Li-Ion 14.4 kit a few months ago and love them! great design, lightweight, great battery live, very powerful! Bought on the net and got free batteries with rebate form. I also bought the metal cutting saw and love it as well. Comes with a metal cutting blade that cuts wood as well.
  • TJ_5
    TJ_5 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    Milwaukee

Had the 18 volt ni-cad, boss replaced al tools with the v 28, lion, they would not hold charge. working with the M-18 set best yet, not perfect but best so far
  • rich pickering
    rich pickering Member Posts: 277
    Options
    M12

I've got the Milwaukee 12v Li-Ion. -30 and the drill still works. Love it for service work. The mini sawzall is great. Copper cutter is nice, and they are coming out with more tools. Not sure if I'm going to give up my flukes for a milwaukee meter though.
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Impact

Have the Makita 18v LiIon, fantastic tool, also have the Dewalt 14v at work, great tool for fan sheave removal, and bolting up kindorf, angle iron. Great tools
  • George J.
    George J. Member Posts: 25
    Options

I spoke to Milwaukee rep today and He says they will replace all three batteries if they are still under warranty (which they are). I will believe it when I have the new batteries in my hand.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.