Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oil condensing furnaces w/95% AFUE? what experiences have you h?

Options
Keith_8
Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
Our service manager just installed a Kerr unit in his rental house at the end of the winter. To soon to tell how it will perform.

He was impressed with the unit and how it performed intially. BTW, he is not an easy guy to impress.

We installed a few Adams units about 7 yeras ago. Not a good experience. I spoke with a dealer not that long ago who has sold a few of the Adams units in the last couple years. No problems reported. Sounds like they worked out the kinks.

I would recomend looking into the condensing units. Find a company that installs and services them. Most important.........do they stand behind their installations? If the unit doesn't perform as advertised do they find out why and correct it without a hassle?

Good Luck,

Keith

Comments

• rick_97
    rick_97 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    oil condensing furnaces w/95% AFUE? what experiences?

I'm replacing my old dinasaur of a combo wood/oil burner and am considering one of these oil condensing furnaces with 95% AFUE made by Adams, Dornback (same company?), or Spartan. Does anybody have one in their own home and what are they like? I'm wondering if they're worth the cost difference from the mid-efficiency rest of the pack. Reliability is the most important quality for me as I'm not a pro - are they too new to get a bead on? too complicated? Thanks for any replies.
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    furnace

just say NO
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not sure of the make,

but Ken Secor has had-one for a few years now!
    Condensing oil has come along way.
    I wouldn`t rule them out too fast. :-)

Edit-Sorry, I thought(by mistake), you meant boilers.

Dave
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    Options
    Kerr

has a new condensing furnace called Paradigm.Bob Tonner designed the control,that alone makes it worth a look!
  • The Boiler Dr.
    The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
    Options
    My Experiences

with the units you mentioned have not been good!!
    Great Concept but reliability has been an issue.
This discussion has been closed.