Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

non barrier pex on heating system

kpc_75
kpc_75 Member Posts: 37
will not make a huge diff. but why take the risk.... kpc

Comments

• counter contact
    counter contact Member Posts: 1
    non barrier pex on hydronic system

CUSTOMER WAS INQUIRING ABOUT USING A PIECE OF NON OXYGEN BARRIER PEX TUBING IN THE SUPPLY SIDE OF A PIECE OF RADIATION APP 12".WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE IMPLICATIONS INVOLVED WITH AIR ENTERING THE SYSTEM.THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422

Are they feeling lucky?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    New EP Manifolds from Uponor

do not have a Oxygen diffusion barrier. These are very nice "Engineered Plastic" manifolds. The "Plastic" had me wondering because I have always heard the Uponor gospel according to non-barrier.

I had to press for this answer and their response was that, "its small, relative to the system".

That one surprised me a bit. Really, if I am going all out with the non-barrier premise with the DIN4726 rating blah blah blah, you think they could coat their new manifolds with something to prevent oxygen diffusion. (?)

I do understand that the DIN4726 rating doesn't state that it is "oxygen impenetrable", it states that it has a rating of so "many mils per hour".

If you want to press the issue, if non-barrier tubing is embedded in concrete, that technically should not be exposed and oxygen permeable either.

Make sense to anyone else or am I splitting hairs here?

Paul
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    I agree

Why do something half ****? Might as well build our own manifolds - in fact it'd probably last longer. Some manifolds have finicky parts & O-rings in them that can fail.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.