Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pigtail Replacement & Water

condensing steam will do that. But manually filling it doesn't hurt anything. The water only stays in the "donut" (loop).

"Steamhead"

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=367&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Pigtail Replacement

When I replace a new brass pigtail how much water do I place in the pigtail? Is it filled just in the donut area?What is correct and safe? I realize this protects the pressuretrol from steam. Thanks to all who reply.
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Boiler Recommendation

Steamhead: Thanks for the reply and advice. I was hoping you would respond, we value your judgement and knowledge. Our 33yr old Utica is fine, however, we realize it won't last forever. Is there a Replacement Boiler for the future that you can recommend for a small home (900 sq ft) We use oil and just had a new Riello installed. Is a Weil McLain SGO better than say a Peerless? And Why? Thank you again for the education and for sharing. Ed
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    When you say 900 square feet

you're referring to the size of the house, not the amount of radiation, correct?

If so, go with the Burnham MegaSteam. There is no better oil-fired residential steam boiler, period.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Thank You again

Thanks for the reply and the recommendation. I forgot about Burnham Mega. Thanks for the photo of your boiler install. Neat and Professional. I will track down a local supplier and be ready for the future.
This discussion has been closed.