Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

20 yr old Valiant question

Options
Saggs
Saggs Member Posts: 174
Hi, I have a customer w/ a 3 section Valiant oil boiler about 20 yrs old. It has had a small crusty weeping leak apparently where the supply flange bolts to the boiler block in the back. Its held on w/ 3 or 4 blots and has a gasket. Anyone familiar w/ this unit? I'm hesitant to start cranking the bolts out for fear of snapping somthing. Does anyone sell these parts or will I need to make my own gasket? Thx

Comments

• joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    v

You used to be able to buy those I don't know if you can get the gasket any more did you try doing a search Pinto Plumbing supply in Mass 508 473 7515 had a bunch at 1 time.

IMHO it's 20 years old and you may snap something trying to fix it. With todays much better efficency from something like a Vitola they would be much better junking it.
  • Leo_35
    Leo_35 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Look real Good

Give it a good look. If I remember right those are replaceable bolts not studs that may need drilling if broken. Gaskets used to be available, if not they aren't that hard to make.

Leo
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,251
    Options
    Parts are still available from Vaillant US

here is the info.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Henry Roma
    Henry Roma Member Posts: 10
    Options

Is it the supply flange or the return? They are both crosses with a flanged end. They sell parts for that boiler in Rhode Island. The place is called Smithfield Plumbing and Heating Supply. They usally have the flanges in stock in case you do break it. I can give you a phone number tomorrow when I get to the office.
  • Henry Roma
    Henry Roma Member Posts: 10
    Options

SMITHFIELD SUPPLY 1 AUSTIN AVE SMITHFIELD PHONE# 1-401-949-0110
    Here is where I get the parts for Valiant boilers. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.