Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wilo 230V

Options
Terry Larsell
Terry Larsell Member Posts: 54
I'm thinking of trying one of the wilo stratos and I noticed it's 230v. All the switching relays are set up for 110. What are you wilo people using to turn it on and off? Or am I going to have to build my own.

Terry

Comments

• Mark Hunt_6
    Mark Hunt_6 Member Posts: 147
    Options
    Interface module

Hi Terry.

You could use the Wilo "External Off" module to enable and disable the Stratos.

The module plugs into the Stratos and you simply run 18-2 wire from the Ext. Off contacts to a normally open contact on a standard relay.

E-mail me for more info.

Mark H
  • Uni R_2
    Uni R_2 Member Posts: 589
    Options
    Grundfos Alpha comes in 110v

• Mark Hunt_6
    Mark Hunt_6 Member Posts: 147
    Options
    So does the Wilo ECO

He is asking about the commercial version, not the residential.

Mark H
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    Options
    double pole

Don't you need to switch just one wire, Like a water heater?V
  • John F
    John F Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Switching WILO

Actually, you don't have to run the WILO via relays. If there is no flow, both the Stratos and Eco go into "idle" mode at minimum watts. As zones open, the pumps will ramp up as needed. Since they use ECM technology (electronically commutated motors) they can "dead head" in the idle mode all year long and not damage the pumps, hence there is no need to turn the pumps off and on via relays. However, you could use the plug-in module as Mark mentioned if you like.
  • Terry Larsell
    Terry Larsell Member Posts: 54
    Options

No switch relay, I like the sound of that. It's kind of hard for me to get in my head around though. Seems like it would always have to be applying a small amount of pressure to know when there is a actuator opening.
This discussion has been closed.