Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat loss calcs

George J.
George J. Member Posts: 25
I bought that program a few years back but I liked the Slant Fin one better and now I can't find the disk for it. I bought it way before vista so that one probably wouldn't work either even if I could find it.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=329&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• George J.
    George J. Member Posts: 25
    Heat loss calculator

I just got a new computer and it has Vista which I hate by the way. The problem I have is that my Slant Fin heat loss calculator ill not work with Vista. I contacted Slant Fin and they said they stopped distributing it because of compatability issues. Does anyone know of another program to use that is simple to use. I really like the Slant Fin program. I would like one that uses the same information as Slant fin. It Does not have to be free either. I want to get rid of the old computer and thats the only thing left on it that I need. Thanks.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Guess I`m an old

die-hard XP user,, I have`nt heard many good things about Vista to change yet.
    Have you tried the programs Siggy has to offer?,, perhaps even Manual J?

Dave
  • Well Dan

I wouldn`t be so quik to trash that old computer!

Dave
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    I,too

just got a new computer w/ Vista.Thanks for the heads up,I'll keep the old machine!
  • MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    Try this..

I have used HVAC-Calc for a number of years now. Windows based, though.

hvaccomputer.com

Don Sleeth wrote it, he's usually the one that answers the phone when you call. He's available 7 days a week.

Call him and ask about using it with Vista, I'm not sure how that works.

If it doesn't work with Vista, Don should be able to point you in the right direction.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Todd S_16
    Todd S_16 Member Posts: 1
    Taco Load Tool

Have you seen the Taco software yet? Not only is it real user friendly, but its also free!
    http://www.taco-hvac.com/en/products/products.html?current_category=370
  • nathan_8
    nathan_8 Member Posts: 8
    Watts radiant works

I've used watts radiant works for years and have been real happy with it.
    I've also run heatloss explorer 2 on vista business for the past three years with no issues.

So you might try removing the software and reloading it.

• Jim Yesucevitz
    Jim Yesucevitz Member Posts: 1
    Heat Load Calc

I do all the heat-load calcs for the supply house i work for. i've used 3 or 4 different versions including the old IBR hand written calculations. for the last 5 years i've been using Wrightsoft. there is a learning curve but it is by far the best software i've used for load calcs. if your interested, go to www.wrightsoft.com and check it out. and no, i don't work for Wrightsoft. :)
This discussion has been closed.