Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Paloma ?

Steve Ebels_3
Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
Went on a service call yesterday and found an old gal with a Paloma water heater, natural draft type that was installed in 1986 as near as I could get from her. It appears that the HX tubes are badly plugged and I'm wondering if there is a good way to clean them or if anyone knows whether parts would be available for something this old. The model # is 12M-DN and the serial# is 86-1-001358. I'm going to have to try to find the rep because none of the distributors I called today handle Paloma.

I checked the inlet and outlet of the unit and found the screen in the inlet, it was clean. There's just very little flow through the water heater. The cold water inlet connects to a really funky looking valve that, unless I'm mistaken, also regulates the firing rate. It will briefly make hot water until it kicks out on the limit.

Comments

• Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Don't waste your time

I found out that a new HX for the Paloma costs as much as a complete new Takagi.
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    you can still get a complete replacement unit

I don't know the cost, but no electricity required; which makes them work well for cabins, etc off grid.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Paloma

Call a company call Gourley, they have paloma parts, heat exchangers, valve rebuild kits, limits etc. Their in Waltham Mass, ph #781-894-9500
This discussion has been closed.