Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radiant heat

Mike Malone
Mike Malone Member Posts: 3
A customer ask me if toxic vapors are released into the conditioned space by the glue and chemicals in the plywood or chipboard underlayment when it is heated to 115 degrees by the radiant tubing. They want the answer in writing from a known testing laboratory. Help !

Comments

• Mike Malone
    radiant heat

A customer ask me if toxic vapors are released into the conditioned space by the glue and chemicals in the plywood or chipboard underlayment when it is heated to 115 degrees by the radiant tubing. They want the answer in writing from a known testing laboratory. Help !
  • Mike Malone
    radiant heat

• Home Depot Employee
    Home Depot Employee Member Posts: 329

Although that seems like a reasonable question, it also may be a sign of a trouble install with a difficult customer.
    I'm sure many other professionals have discovered the signs.
  • Iain Wallace
    Iain Wallace Member Posts: 3
    Vapours from radiant heating bedding

In reply to the 114F temperature being put through a radiant heating system thats one hell of a temperature for a system thats supposed to run at 20 F or more below a standard wall radiator system. If it was designed to run at this temperature an alternative bedding system should have been used such as a screed floor (cement. With such a high running temperature a wooden floor over the top would also suffer.I'd say the wrong system was used
This discussion has been closed.