Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

how to get UEI C75 calibrated?

J. Cricket
J. Cricket Member Posts: 36
I am a homeowner, I acquired a UEI C75 comb analyzer three years ago and used it maybe 5-6 times. I called UEI for recalibration and they said it would be $65. When they received the unit, they asked for $250 instead. They would not tell me what was wrong with the unit, they just wanted to do the full service and sensor replacement.

Since this is a little-used unit I don't really want to pay more than half of what the unit itself cost. I had them send it back.

Are there any third parties who will service this analyzer? I am happy to have done what is required, if it is really necessary, but not just because of some arbitrary schedule decided by the manufacturer.

Many thanks for your help,

Comments

• Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    The oxygen sensor

has approximately a two year lifespan,whether you use it or not.Not worth having an analyzer, if you're only using it a couple times a year.
  • J. Cricket
    J. Cricket Member Posts: 36

Yeah, that was the problem that caused me to try to get it recalibrated. The CO reading looked OK but the O2 reading was out of the bounds of possibility (way too high).

I guess I'll try to sell it off on eBay.
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    I don't like it either

Also have a Bacharach but service for it is not cheap either. Sent them both in at the same time, and the CO readings are way different between the two. Which one to trust? There must be someone independent that can do it accurately and not rip off the analyser owner. It's like Printer Ink or something.
This discussion has been closed.