Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Vitodens

joel_19
joel_19 Member Posts: 931
The new 100 and 200 are coming soon all you asked for and more my guys saw them couple weeks back. The big V just jumped ahead of everybody else again. I'd tell you more but i'd have to kill you....

Comments

• Tim Weaver
    Tim Weaver Member Posts: 49
    So...

You're saying that Viessmann is bringing out revamped, improved, versions of their current Vitodens 100, AND 200, to the North American market?
  • Boilerjunkie
    Boilerjunkie Member Posts: 4

Saw them. The 200 is unreal and less money than it is now. The 100 will have ODR control built in and avail in Propane.
  • Tim Weaver
    Tim Weaver Member Posts: 49
    ETA?

Anyone know when these new Vitodens will be available?
  • moodihan1959385
    moodihan1959385 Member Posts: 2
    Vitodens

Vitodens 100 are in country, Vitodens 200 end of July.
  • Gordan
    Gordan Member Posts: 891
    These are the ones with...

...an improved modulation ratio (4:1 vs. 3:1 for the 200) and the automated combustion control?

Didn't they do away with the built-in K-BUS pump for the 200?
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    Tell me more!

Is there any more info available about these boilers? So are all the Vitodens 200's getting an improved modulation ratio? I thought I heard somewhere that they were coming out with a bigger vitodens 100, like a 120,000 BTUH model as well?

I would love to hear something along the lines of either their smallest 100 or smallest 200 being able to modulate down lower than their current line up...any numbers to back this up? Local Viessmann avoided the question on these new boilers via email recently, that's why I gotta ask...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    I know for a fact

They will not require conversion for LP gas. The controls onboard the boiler automatically adjust for the btu content of any gas. I would guess some kind of Lambda sensor technology is in place.
  • SpeyFitter
    Vitodens 100

Alright I saw some specs on the 100 - the new 100s come in 2 models a 37,000 to 91,000 BTUH, and a 37,000 to 118,000 BTUH. I guess a bit dissappointing - I would hope they might have split them up a bit so the could have a smaller boiler that would modulate lower for smaller applications, and a larger boiler for bigger applications instead of basically the same boiler, only one has a little more oomph which sorta cancels that smaller boiler out. I guess having a slightly bigger boiler would be nice for a value set up in a larger house but considering their previous models modulating down about 8000 BTU less is better for those small demand days which is a lot of average houses demands (hell even 29,000 BTUH input is too high for a lot of houses on those shoulder days which can be many).

• Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Yah

I just finished a heat loss on a place with a load of 31,260btu at a design temp of -10*. Give me something that mods down to about 6,000 btu for that one.
  • SpeyFitter
    This is personal too

While I work for a heating contractor and boilers/radiant floors are my "bag" so to speak, this is also a personal endeavour. I am going to be buying a house soon, an 1100 sq. foot rancher with a crawl space I could do staple up radiant (Vancouver, BC). Considering our moderate climate up here, even in the winter, that while we do have a few good cold days every winter too, I need a boiler that can modulate fairly low for most of the season, or at least low enough so it's not short cycling all the time, yet still have the capability to do the higher loads. Haven't done an official heat loss myself (although I am a certified designer) but I estimate it at about 20,000 BTUH heat loss.

There are only a few boilers that meet that ranger well enough - the IBC 15-150 (15,000 to 150,000) which is a bit on the large side at it's highest firing rate, even for domestic hot water, the Lochinvar Knight Wall mount 10,000 to 50,000, or the Triangle Tube Model which I believe does 16,000 to 60,000.

So I seriously question Viessmann's choices - yes, the larger boiler has some application, but having basicall a redundant boiler does not make sense. They would have done better keeping the 29,000 to 80,000 model in the first WB1A's, and then have the 37,000 to 118,000 in the WB1B.

If they are SERIOUS about picking up more middle of the road people this would be in Viessmann's best interests. It's hard enough as is to get people to try and heat with water, but a large hindrance is it would be nice to have more products out there, especially for people who want dependability.

This discussion has been closed.