Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless and Beckett ( Ron Jr. )

Michael_37
Michael_37 Member Posts: 18
i would remove the pic of the customer and baby from the inet. If i was the customer i would be pissed.

How do you service the new boiler, or is the hole going to be a door ?

Comments

• Levittown , NY

Thousands of these homes have the boiler under the stairs . These particular houses originally had a Timken boiler . But they didn't run well and all of them were replaced in short order . We usually see a Dunkirk Blue Circle as the replacement boiler . But this house had a Federal . Notice the expansion tank hanging up . 17 years on the system and still had an air charge .

To do the job , we have to cut the wall in the hallway and the fireproof blocks have to be removed . But this house was a little different . They took the hallway out and made the whole area into a bedroom . So containing all the dust was tough , but we managed .

We use the Peerless WBV and Beckett . Very nice combo and as quiet as you'll get with a bedroom on the other side of the door that'll go in there .
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Nice!

As usual! I see the mixer,is that across the board or just a Town of Hempstead thing?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Oil Filter Piping

Is that the Tommyoil edition oil filter piping?

Sorry couldn't help it. :)

Nice neat job as always Mr. P
  • gerry gill_2
    gerry gill_2 Member Posts: 29
    Now thats the Ron Jr. jobs we all know and love!!

10 feet of boiler in a five foot space! hehe...and you make it look good too!! i would go insane with the spaces you have to work with..i think i won't complain about dark basements which are big and wide open any more..well done!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    TOP NOTCH INSTALLATION

AS PER USUAL, CLASS WORKMANSHIP, BRO. THESE PEOPLE PROBABLY DON'T EVEN REALIZE HOW LUCKY THEY ARE THAT THEY HAVE YOU INSTALLING THEIR EQUIPMENT. YOU ARE A CREDIT TO THE INDUSTRY, FOR SURE.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Ron, I appreciate you.

You show what's possible, and you never complain about the task at hand. You just get it done. A true professional. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 612
    Hey......

Dont blame me for THAT mess. And whats "a mere homeowner" know about oil lines anyway? Hey Mannino, why do you always pick on me. Its obvious you have some sort of problem. I'll meet you anytime, anywhere. Even if I have to drive 300 miles to do it. Post your picture on Daves thread so I can see what you look like first.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Photo

Now how about your photo.......... so I know what you look like. I don't want you sneaking up on me. Who's buying the beer?
  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 612
    Its time.....

to clean the coffee off the computer screen again.. DAMN YOU Mannino!
  • You're right

Damn , I didn't even notice the portrait . Thanks for the heads up .

The hole gets a 38 inch steel door , installed by another company . They had an entertainment center in front of that wall , so the door won't stick out like a sore thumb :)
  • Yep

It's a TOH requirement . When it's not , I'll adjust the hand mix myself with a digital thermometer .

Thanks alot Bob .
  • Thank you Bob

It was me and Phil and Kenny came by to help after he replaced an oil tank . We always try to stop by and help the crew with the hardest job . Well ..... most of us do :)

Thanks again Bob .
  • Hahaha !

That Tommy guy looks awful familiar :)

The oil filter setup was done by Phil while me and Kenny piped up the boiler .

I don't know why Peerless has these burners set up with no post purge . The GeniSys has the capability . So we ran the extra wire and gave it a 15 sec. post purge . I finally figured out how to use the programing tool correctly :)

Thanks Ron and Alfred ....... errr ....... , Tommy !
  • Oh

You get used to it after a while . Actually I kinda prefer a job like this . The truck is usually only 25 feet from the boiler , no stairs . Once you get past the hump of cutting the wall out , removing the boiler and placing the new one in , it ain't too bad .

Thanks alot Gerry .
  • Thank you Dan

for letting me show pictures of our job on your website . And thank you for the compliment . For guys like me it's a real shot in the arm to get an attaboy from guys like you .
This discussion has been closed.