Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tax credit for Boilers

Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
for any fuel 90% or better AFUE.As of 6/1/09 NatGrid has a $1000 rebate on LI for 90% gas boilers plus $300 for an indirect,either gas to gas or oil to gas.Check the NatGrid website for info on MA.You get both the rebate and tax credit
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Geo_27
    Geo_27 Member Posts: 2
    Federal Tax credit

I see the Fed's are offering a $1,500 tax credit for 90%+ gas boilers...Is this in addition to the gas company's $1,000 rebate here around Boston?,Thanks
  • Federal Tax credit

Only a GUESS,, (from a Canadian)
    But I doubt-it, I advise reading the fine print.

When Santa comes around, I`ll give him the cookies & milk personally! :-)

Dave
  • Robert

But it seems his question was "do I get both"?

That`s what I thought.

Dave
  • ChrisL
    ChrisL Member Posts: 121
    Fed tax credit is $150 not $1500

• $150??

Not much incentive to change there.

Dave
  • Geo_27
    Geo_27 Member Posts: 2

This Credit I thought was Part of the new 2009 stimulus bill...???

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=products.pr_tax_credits#s1
  • The credit

is 30% to a max of $1,500.00. Can't say to local add-ons.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    It was $150

the stimulus bill changed to 30% with a $1500 cap until 12/31/09
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    ridiculous

If these boilers are so great why can't they live on their merits? So I'm going to get a new 90 percent or higher, and my next door neighbor is going to help pay for it.
  • Encouraging Energy Savings

Isn't ridculous, the President is trying to create jobs, save energy, reduce our dependence on foreign oil, and help the environment. Nothing wrong with that. check out dsireusa.org for up to date incentive information. Not only is the fed incentive $1500, the National Grid incentive of $1000 but there is a $15,000 zero interest loan available for energy saving projects. You get all three. Even better than that is the insulation incentive, they pay 75% of an insulation install up to $2000. Get the insulation soon that incentive is running out. Massachusetts is going Green!

Thanks, Bob Gagnon

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    last year it was $150...

with the "stimulus bill" it's now 30% of the install cost up to $1500 tax credit, but it is only for the rest of this year & 2010. Qualifying furnaces & boilers have to be rated for 95% AFUE.
  • Like Bob said

It isnt ridiculous...Also the largest incentive is that the new equipment is going to dramatically lower your fuel cost.
This discussion has been closed.