Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Employment

Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,399
That comes to the big uglies??? (Hey!!!! Who's gonna throw the next ny one? John ny and I each did one. I know two fine gents right here at the wall looking for work...if conn, what town? Recession-proof.....nobody is!!!!!...staying busy, yes!!!...sitting home?? No. I meet with lots of contractors and industry people on a regular basis....And not one (we"ll some always bulls--t) has not made major cutbacks and serious adjiustments with their workforce and operations...union and non-union. My take from the ground Mad dog

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=299&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    Employment

I just posted an add looking for a installation/ service tech.

Anyone looking for employment with a progressive, stable and profitable company is encouraged to contact me.

Dan,
    Thank you for this forum,

Keith
    203-258-0277
  • Keith_8
    Unemployment ???

Maybe the economy is in better shape than the media wants us to believe.

Not one response to this job offer.

Is it possible that the professionals that frequent this sight have educated themselves enough to be recession proof?

The wholesalers that call on me tell me how slow they are,
    what gives?

Keith
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    I wonder...

... how many folk here have been self-employed successfully to consider working for someone else.
  • Keith_8
    I'm that guy!

My office is in Trumbull, CT.

Our work is in Fairfield County, Ct and Westchester County, NY.

Constantine may have a valid point. If a large majority of the tradesman that visit here are self employed small shops I can see how it would be difficult to go back to work for another outfit. Unless they are tired of all that goes with being self employed and want to make their life less stressful it is tough transition back to someone else calling the shots.

If the wholesalers are slow then what exactly are these shops doing to keep the crews busy and not hanging around?

Keith
This discussion has been closed.