Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Europe, Tell us about it....

Options
Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,049
It has been a real uphill battle selling hi-efficiency although the interested ranks continue to grow, then we had the recent economic woes...but we just sold another Buderus GB and a Noritz tankless today. I'm glad I prepared for this day several years ago becuase now we are in a decent position where many others are playing catch up on the technology. Mad Dog

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=299&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    Options
    Europe heating?

So the common sentiment I hear from people is "they've been doing THAT in Europe for years" when looking at something we do. And how much better and more advanced Europe is apparently than North America when it comes to Hydronic Heating.

So for those of you have had the chance to go to travel to Europe, what can you tell us?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    That may be

The only area that they are "More Advanced" than we are. We have had the technology here for decades in some way shape or form. Just takes high priced energy to get it out in the open. Most of our ancestors left there centurys ago and never looked back. I'm sure there's alot that they could learn from the good ole US of A. peace
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
    Options
    more of a market

for hydronics in Europe. That is probably why you see more products available and more product development.

i'm sure the companies in the US could build as good or better hydronic products, certainly with the correct threads, but where's the market? Typically the buyers here want cheaper, cheaper, and cheaper, with some exceptions. We all know where that leads. Furnaces are the mainstay here.

Interestingly the Europeans have been buying US companies that have leading heat pump and refrigeration technology, Florida Heat Pump, Robcor, for example as they look more into ground source technology to replace oil fired heating.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.