Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ordering radiator covers

Options
Pat_40
Pat_40 Member Posts: 2
hi all. i will be ordering radiator covers for my units and remembered seeing on the Wall a pdf or website that shows how the output is affected on certain enclosures.
Do you know where i can find this pdf?
Thanks

Comments

• Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    It's in Hot Tech Topics

click resources above, then Hot Tech Topics. You want the last article on page 9 and the first one on page 10.

You may find the company you want to use only sells the worst kind. If so, just don't buy them. Fuel suppliers love companies like these, they let them sell more fuel.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options

Pat you may want to think how many times has anyone burned themselves on a radiator in your home? I see very very few cases and almost no cases of anyone doing it a second time. Covers do have there place but then even the covers can pose a risk. If you feel your fuel bill is too low and you do not like warmth and comfort in your rooms go for it cover those "ugly" radiators right up. I actually like the look. I also have a few used covers my girlfriend would be happy to sell you for half of the cost of new if you are near Massachussets. I got her and her mother to remove them from their rads in their duplex and they have been very happy with the heat and the drop in their gas bill.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    covers

I agree that these radiators should not be covered, just paint them to make them look new. He may be asking about baseboard covers? Just a thought. Alot of people will call baseboard a radiator. peace
  • sreja
    sreja Member Posts: 175
    Options
    radiator covers

Dan Holohan's book "We Got Steam Heat" has just such a chart (p.114) showing the heat efficiency loss (or gain) from radiator enclosures.
This discussion has been closed.