Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Imperial Eastman crimper?

Options
Joe_149
Joe_149 Member Posts: 3
I got this at an auction. I know what I am gonna use it for, but I wonder what it is supposed to do.

Something to do with copper tubing or brass fittings, I would assume. Is aluminum colored, but is made from iron. Two bolt holes in the base to anchor it down.

There is a threaded hole in the top for a pipe handle, and with a handle in place you rotate that part left or right and those jaws go in and out. They have the figure 5/8" stamped in the jaws.

There is nothing on it but that name- no part numbers nor patent numbers which would allow me to look it up.

I would appreciate your educated guesses.

Comments

• Larry C_13
    Larry C_13 Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Guess quick release pipe holder?

Perhaps a quick release pipe holder used in a production environment?

Larry C
  • rt_3
    rt_3 Member Posts: 7
    Options

OI hope you didn't scratch the paint on your hood!!!
  • Joe_149
    Joe_149 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Quick release vise type of deal- that's what I was thinking. Put your tubing in and flare the end, then quick release and open up the jaws, reinsert tubing and do the other end.

Also thought that maybe it was for "resizing" tubing that got squashed out of round somehow on the cut off end.

My plan for it is I still have some of those copper crimp rings for the polybutylene tubing and I thought I'd use a few of them up by crimping a ring over a new fitting on the end of a garden hose that had it's original end smashed. I hate using gear clamps on hose of any kind.

Scratching the paint on the hood of that little Dodge Ram50 pickup won't hurt it any- it was a $100 truck that I've been driving for the last two years. P.O.S., but it starts every time, idles like a sewing machine (and ticks like one sometimes) and gives no problems. Best hundred I ever spent. Gets twenty someodd mpg- which is amazing for as much abuse as it got in it's previous life. I baby it.
  • Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    Options
    Imperial eastman....

made tubing and hoses. I'm guessing it was for crimping ends on hydraulic hoses.

Jim

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• JK_3
    JK_3 Member Posts: 240
    Options
    correct

that is a crimp tool made by Imperial eastman. they manufacture and sell tools and supplys for the HVAC industry and are still in bis. dies are still available for the different size tubing but I don't think you can get them through them. the tool you have is made to crimp the ends onto the tubing and were often used by auto shops for making custom hoses. hope this helps.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.