Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Boiler w/ Super Stor and zone of baseboard

Check out boiler spec's ie: piping set-up. In the past I have used W/M oil fired steam boilers that have tappings for in-directs and then added a tankless in the boiler for a closed H/W loop.John@Reliable

Comments

• Paul MacDougall
    Paul MacDougall Member Posts: 36
    Steam Boiler w/ Super Stor and zone of baseboard

Customer is interested in upgrading heating equipment, how do I factor in a 40 gal Super Stor and 22ft of #30 Slant Fin to the size of the boiler. Can I do a two pump manifold off the bottom of the boiler?? Any other tips would be much appreciated. I dont have much experience with zoning off a steam boiler.
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    zones

Mac, check this article from Dan
  • MikeyB
    Zoning

Mac, check this out from Dans Hot Tech Topics
  • MikeyB
    Zones

Mac, click on Resources on the top of the page then click on Hot Tech Topics, type in "Like to run a hot water zone off a steam boiler" in the search bar.
  • Paul MacDougall
    Paul MacDougall Member Posts: 36

If my hot water zone is within the limit of the Boiler's pick-up, how do I add a Super Stor?
  • MikeyB
    zones

How about putting the Super Store on a priority relay? Might be able to set it up so when the indirect calls the baseboard shuts down (if they are both calling at the same time) until the Indirect is satisfied. This might work if you really have to install both the baseboard loop and an indirect. Or maybe you can install a gas fired water heater if the Indirect is too much of a load
  • MikeyB
    tappings

Burnham Independance boilers have tappings for indirect's also,check out their website, they also have piping diagrams for different applications, dont have them in front of me but i will post them tomorrow when I get back to work. Or try to google Burnham's Heating Helper, im pretty sure they have some diagrams in this.
  • MikeyB
    Burnham Diagrams

Go to Google and type in "Burnham Residential Piping and Wiring Applications Manual" I could not attatch my copy to this post for some reason, you can e-mail me direct if you want me to send it over to you in an attatchment, When you open the manual go to section 5.
  • Gene_5
    Gene_5 Member Posts: 11
    super stor

I think super stor has a steam guide in the install guide too, if memory serves, it's a great choice for steam, I like the 1" cupronickle coil, they rec'd a strainer and drain.

Their larger units 80 & 119C can take live steam.

http://www.htproducts.com/superstorultra.html

This discussion has been closed.