Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Creative uses for Uni-strut

hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,828
a time someone posted a nice hydronic system mounted on both sides of that dual unistrut.

I have some as a display rack in the van, I will get some pics to you.

I'm leaning more towards T-slot these days.

We have a display booth, work benches, and test rack, and our entire mechanical display room, at Caleffi built with T-slot. It has a lot more options for brackets, wheels, attachments, etc. Looks great and weighs less.

hr
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• Paul Rohrs_4
    Paul Rohrs_4 Member Posts: 466
    Doesn't have to be plbg or radiant related

Anyone care to share pictures of creative uses of uni-strut. I would like to include them in an article for PHC News. Again, these pictures do not have to be hydronic or plumbing job related, they can be of anything you have used strut for.

Regards,

Paul
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Strut

Use it for Tile work as well, nice straight lines
  • an old wrench puller
    an old wrench puller Member Posts: 73
    I once....

Built a cattle rack for my pick up out of it. Used it to haul my mule out to dad's farm. Sorry, but no pictures, that was a loooong time ago.
  • hydronx_3
    hydronx_3 Member Posts: 35
    solar rack

used for the base of some solar racks and attached them to the roof with S-5 clamps. "strut is your friend"
  • bob_46
    bob_46 Member Posts: 813
    back to back

If you use the 1 5/8" X 4 7/8" back-to-back and the floor stanchions you can build a free standing rack/panel. Because it is 4 7/8" deep you have enough space to make swing joints through the rack. If you put all your vertical pipe pipe on one side and use a swing joint through to all your horizontal pipe on the other side you can completely fill both sides and never run into yourself.

They make little rollers for unistrut that allow it to be used as a monorail to suspend light loads.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    Permission

Hydronx - Okay to use this pic in an article? Let me know your company info so I can give you credit.

Paul
This discussion has been closed.