Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin F11

David Toppin_2
David Toppin_2 Member Posts: 48
Good evening everyone. My Munchkin 199 is giving me an F11 code, and I believe it is because it is detecting a flame even when there isn't one, so it doesn't spark to ignite the boiler. The green flame on light is always on. I did have a blocked condensate drain, but that is cleared up. It was running a bit if we let it sit but now it just goes right to F11. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks! Dave

Comments

• Steve M_2
    Steve M_2 Member Posts: 121
    Serviced?

Have you been doing the annual servicing of the unit by a qualified Munchkin tech? If not, there ya go!
  • David Toppin_2

Yes, it was serviced 6 months ago or so.
  • Steve M_2
    serviced?

Did they pull the burner and clean the inside of the heat exchanger and did the total time take 1 to 2 hours?
  • David Toppin_2

It was done by Ritchie Swatton who Chuck Shaw says is one of the best, and yes that was done. Control board was also replaced and the mixture was set. Any ideas what the problem is?
  • Steve M_2
    did they?

Did they replace the refractory material after the condensate clogged? Something may have fallen onto the flame prove rod and grounded it. I need to leave now but you should get the guy back out tomorrow to look at it. I don't really feel comfortable telling you how to pull the flame proof assembly that is held in with one phillips screw and look inside the opening with a flash light to see it there's any debri.
  • David Toppin_2

I have had the burner out in the past, you can feel comfortable telling me how to do it. I won't kill myself. I don't know what the flame proof assembly is. I have also cleaned the ignitor and flame rod. I believe he replaced the refactory on the door last time. I cleared the condensate clog this time and didn't take the burner out to check anything. I was thinking maybe a board problem. If I knew what caused the signal to the board to tell the Munchkind the flame was on that would be helpful. I have a voltmeter and I can test stuff.

Are you saying that if the flame rod grounds it is bad?

Thanks for your help!
  • David Toppin_2

Turned out to be the board, thanks Chuck Shaw and Richie for your help.
This discussion has been closed.