Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Loop Off A Steam Boiler

Dan

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=331&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• FHW Loop Off A Steam Boiler

Can I run 2 FHW zones off the bottom of a steam boiler?

Thanks, Bob Gagnon

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Yes,

but don't exceed the boiler's pick-up factor with your combined hot-water load.
    Retired and loving it.
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    flow control issue

Dan, your diagram for a loop above the boiler shows the pump & flow control on the vertical. is this critical. ? i got one with a chattering flow control on horizontal & am wondering if this could be the culprit. i have done them in the past horizontally with no problem but i guess it all depends. this particular one is two h.w. zones. ,one in bsmt. , & one that piping is extended to ceiling & then drops down & goes back up for returnback to boiler & then down again.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Not to scale,

and just for concept. Could you have been passing air through that flo-check?
    Retired and loving it.
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    flow-control

It is pumping away & i filled the loop with a hose connected to city pressure & bled loop. it does not seem to be constant. . last time i went there ---- no noise. picking at straws
This discussion has been closed.