Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vito 200 fault code 02

Options
Bernie Riddle_2
Bernie Riddle_2 Member Posts: 178
I just wanted to update you on the solution to this problem. After speaking with the troubleshooter where I purchased the boiler he made some calls to Viessmann. They suggested that I check the setting for code 017. It's one of the codes in the manual that says in big black letters DO NOT CHANGE. However sometimes power spikes have caused that code to change. On inspection it in fact had changed and upon resetting it all problems disappeared Hallelujah!

Comments

• Bernie Riddle_2
    Bernie Riddle_2 Member Posts: 178
    Options
    Vito fault code 02

This past winter we had a power outage for several days during which time I was using a portable generator for power.I had trouble keeping the Vitodens 200 operating during that time. Since the power has been back up I find that the boiler will go down on occasion. On inspection I have a burner fault indicator light as well as an 02 fault code. I recently discovered that the solenoid for the DHW is also too hot too touch at that time. I have also had to bleed air from the boiler on three different occasions in the last two months. Any ideas?
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Power supply

The Vitodens likes a clean source of power. If a generator is used, a voltage regulator should be installed to prevent spiking. Fault 02 trips the high limit. This could indicate several potential problems, but if air is not present in the system or indirect DHW coil and fill pressure is 12PSI, and current is constant...it should work. Post a pic and it may be easier to diagnose. Sometimes a "near-boiler" piping error creates a problem.
    Has the installing contractor serviced the boiler? Has it been cleaned and serviced in the past year?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.