Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dan Bertolini Jr., up above with the other great men!

Options
J Prisby_2
J Prisby_2 Member Posts: 10
Today, I heard news of a great talent in our Industry had past. Dan Bertolini Jr. was a young man from Eastern Michigan. I met with him and his father (Dan), of AERO Heating, at a Breakfast Training Meeting about 6 years ago. I knew Dan Jr. as a quiet, intelligent and a true craftsman. As you were talking, you could see him intensely thinking about your every word.

His drive to be the best led him to question his mechanical room piping on one jobsite visit to a McMaster piece. This room was an envy of all Mechanical Rooms, stainless steel on the walls, soldiers (circulators) at attention, and enough shine to make you wish you had your sunglasses on. Although a masterpiece by anyone’s measurement, his passion and perfection begged to critique it. As I stood in awe, I recall him finally pointing out a tridicator which was mounted approx. 1/16” off in height from the other 20 or so. His father and I echoed the difference was not worth any adjustment. The photos I have of several of their Mechanical Rooms are the best I have ever seen and I use them to inspire others during my Travels/Training.

Dan Bertolini Jr., the industry, your family, and friends will miss you no doubt, but your passion and inspiration will not be forgotten.

With the deepest respect and sympathy,

Jim Prisby

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    So sad to hear this.

Hug your kids, no matter how old they are.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Gary Hayden_2
    Gary Hayden_2 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    Dan Jr.

Well said Jimbo. I echo your sentiments exactly. I've shared many a lunch break with Dan Sr. and Dan Jr. and no better people can be found.
    Once, a couple of years ago, "The Dans" landed a steam boiler project in the Detroit area. As they were finishing up, they gave me a call and asked me to stop by to make sure "everything was just right." When I got there around 4-ish, the job looked impeccable, except for the fact that the header was not quite right. As gently as I could, I pointed out the slight flaw and reassured the cutting oil-soaked men that it would be just fine.
    Well, around 6 AM the next morning, my cell phone rang. It was Dan Sr., saying that they were just finishing up making the minor modifications I had suggested.... They worked all night.
    Another case made for the apple not falling far from the tree. Dan Sr., you wonderfully crafted Dan Jr. with your work ethic and attention to detail. Bev(mom), you dotted the "I's and crossed the "T's" with such grace. And Rachel, any brother would want a little sister like you. What a great family!!
    The Stewart's will be praying for you during this very difficult time.
  • Mike Maurer
    Mike Maurer Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Dan Bertolini Jr

Jim & Tom, that was beautiful. I met Dan Sr back in the 80's. Many a night Dan would pull up at 5:00PM with a plan rolled under his arm. Dan was new to the 'Hydronic' side of heating----so we would work into the evening, do the heat loss & lay the job out--baseboard in those days.
    Dan was meticulous when planning a job & perfection was always his goal. As the years passed Dan showed the same consideration for detail when he started doing radiant heat. I have wonderful memories of traveling with Dan & Dan Jr to UPONOR (Wirsbo) for training. Dan & his son took 'Radiant Heat' to another level. They became the 'experts'--the best this industry has seen. It is a true joy to be a part of a 'Bertolini' project. Last summer my wife & I spent a good part of a day with Dan Jr at their 'little cabin' in Michigans UP. We saw another side of young Dan that day. He cared so much about his family & was proud of their history. He shared many stories with us---& as Jim said--his 'passion' was an inspiration to us. Dan Jr we miss you. You will live on in our memories.

Mike & Nancy Maurer
This discussion has been closed.