Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

intellicon hw vs. Tekmar

Options
radmix
radmix Member Posts: 194
I will go with Tekmar 261 Two stage boiler control, My only reservation is that I would like to have each boiler to have its own independent circulator. The way its piped now there is one common circ. for both boilers. Even if one boiler is calling, both boilers will have flow increasing the heat loss through the stack and jacket losses.

Comments

• radmix
    Options
    Intellicon vs. Tekmar

What would be the preference of the professionals on the wall to improve efficiency on a gas boiler. Intellicon-HW which pre purges the boiler or Tekmar 260 Boiler control which will provide outdoor reset. This is for a 12 unit apartment building piped in a reverse return, constant circulation through out the heating system.
  • GBriggs
    GBriggs Member Posts: 15
    Options

I would look at the Honeywell AQ2000 that does a boiler purge and a reset control. This control is great for apartments and also has run time meters on each zone pump or zone valve. The stats can be adjudted from the boiler room and can have a set point limit.
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185
    Options

Intellidyne advertises 10-20% savings with a 15 years warrenty

Tekmar advertises 5-30% savings with 1 year warranty

My own experience with both, suggests a comparable savings with either... would you rather pay $400 or $800 for the same amount of actual savings?

It doesn't matter how its accomplished only the results matter.

Be advised, there are some new controls that will be soon an the market... be patient, you maybe pleasantly surprised.
  • radmix
    Options

I was also wondering if the intellicon made sense because there are no t-stats. The boiler runs constant through out the heating season. I think the intellicon prevents the burner from comming on if there is heat available. There are Two boilers which run constant. I was thinking of a two stage boiler control
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185
    Options

Are both boilers heating the same area? If so, 2 stage would be fine.

The intellicon does indeed prevent the burner from firing, if there is enough heat already in the boiler.

How do your get your hot water?

• Undonaassesee
    Undonaassesee Member Posts: 10
    Options
    CONSTANT CIRCULATION

Tekmar's mission statement includes "constant circulation" @ a reset water temperature that matches the heat loss. Tekmar does this better than anyone in the industry-ever heard of pid logic-look it up pal
  • radmix
    Options

I will go with Tekmar 261 Two stage boiler control, My only reservation is that I would like to have each boiler to have its own independent circulator. The way its piped now there is one common circ. for both boilers. Even if one boiler is calling, both boilers will have flow increasing the heat loss through the stack and jacket losses.
  • Gary Jansen_4
    Gary Jansen_4 Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Tekmar control

Why don't you go to a tekmar 264. In mode 2 you could run 2 individual boilers with their own boiler pumps, and a primary pump if need be. Regards, Gary
  • radmix
    Options
    gary

I would love to re pipe both boilers to have there own independent circ. but its not in the budget
  • radmix
    Options
    gary

I would love to re pipe both boilers to have there own independent circ. but its not in the budget
This discussion has been closed.