Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A question to plumbers,,

John Starcher_4
John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
....worth repairing, we'll repair it. Moen, Delta, and American Standard all are generally fixable. American Standard provides lifetime parts and finish warranty, so we get the parts replaced to us by the factory. I think Moen will do the same.

The "junk" brand faucets we typically throw away and replace with a quality brand.

Comments

• We all know,

its a throw-away-world out there anymore, and faucets are no exception to this rule with such junk available nowdays.
    Anyway,, in performing service work and you find a good "brand-name" set(with original/genuine factory) cartridges,, do you install new washers, seats & "O" rings?
    Or just trash-them for another replacement one as time is money?

Just curious! ;-)

Dave
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357

What John said. Also add to that the replacement of new faucets the customer buys from the orange or blue store or even the internet that we install for them and they see how poorly they are made after a weeks time. The warranty is only good if you seldom have to use it.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Not a plumber,

but I had a bad part on my shower here at home. Went to supply house to order replacement part, my salesman told me to call Moen first. So I did and they sent me the part at no charge. I was impressed and will only use Moen stuff from here on out and also reccomend them to customers.
  • All great taps,,

but I guess I was zeroing-in-on was not the relatively new single handle type, but the good two-handle compression-type faucets.
    In the US of A do you guys have Waltec, Emco or Crane Dial-Ese,, remember them?

Dave
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    I do remember

Add a few more of real machined brass real stuff.

That's why all the big boxes carry fix kits, but not the tools.

We carry the tools. What to do is up to the customer.
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    repair if feasible

IF we can replace a seat & washer , we do it. its been a while since i re-ground a permanent , non- removable seat though. if they don't mind paying we will do it. lot of times they don't want to break tile walls to replace obsolete shower bodies but faucets , etc. are easy enough. nothing beats brand new. when you leave they feel they have something extra for their cash & not just the same old faucet & your invoice. my invoices have been known to cause coronaries !! lol
This discussion has been closed.