Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Another Beauty

the local gas utility,,,, typical.<BR>Amongst other things, I really like the LWCO piping/location.<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Repipe

I'd be repiping the unit and installing water lubricated pumps. I can assure you, the pumps are way oversized and it looks like they're pumping towards the expansion tank.

Pipe insulation?? This job gets a D- Hopefully the owner will want you to get it right!!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • JK_3
    JK_3 Member Posts: 240
    WOW

I'm so confused. I think someone photoshopped the pics. Love the gas supply though.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Hey Joe,

nothing here photo shopped, I took the pics(only enhanced background flash), I see this crap everyday but because it was installed by the utility,, everything is fine.
    Of course no-one wants to pay anything for a re-pipe!
    I was only there to make sure the system had enough pressure,, go figure! :-)

Dave
  • Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    You have got to be...

Un-believable...How does one sleep ?
  • Bob

Are you referring to me??
    This is only a fraction of what is in my area,, if you can`t make people pay-up for a proper job, and you`re competing against the gas utility(who shuts-off the flow for non payment), how can I compete against that leverage??

"Little old ladies" in the grip of winter are their best targets. ;-)

Dave
  • Big Will
    Big Will Member Posts: 395

The worst part is the customer will have problems and blame the boiler manufacturer. They will be on this site berating Slant fin for not making a good product and complaining to their friends about how much money they spent on such a bad boiler. I warms my heart I tell ya.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    wow..

just..wow.

Today went to look at adding to an attic central air system to feed a two car garage that is to be converted to a bedroom/bath.

Condensate drain was "sort of" taped to the lineset on their way out the soffit.

The drain had more up and downs than a roller coaster, before it exited the attic it was just about as high as the air handler drain outlet.

In the middle, a fitting had broke apart from water never draining in a dip and freezing in the winter.

Someone had tried to electrical tape the fitting together, but the two parts were 6" apart from each other.

The topper? Someone had also put a Hefty garbage bag as a sheet under the broken area to "catch" the condensate. The bag was full of water to overflow today, ready to burst and take out the sheetrock ceiling below.

Oh, I wish I had my camera for that one!
  • Glen Aspen_2
    Glen Aspen_2 Member Posts: 53
    AHJ?

May I ask what the AHJ (gas code, hydronics code, home insurance company etc)has to say about this? Or is it hands off as the utility installed the boiler?
  • Glen

Codes you say??
    I posted some of this system awhile back, they wanted a price on repiping.

As far as I know, it`s still untouched.
    Nuff said?

Dave
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357

Just another day on the floating islands I would say. I have one I am working to get a repipe on and a control up grade. I will post some photos if they can find the cans buried in the yard to pay for the repipe. This is Buderus with radiant on 2 floors and base board on the main level. The circ for the system ran for 6 hours monday while I was doing other repairs. when I came back on tuesday it was still running. Apparently to "fix" the heat last year a zone valve was locked on. It has been that way since October. Of course all this system does is burn too much fuel. The onews you got can kill people Dave. Hope they see the light and repipe before they "see the light".
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Glen Aspen_2
    Glen Aspen_2 Member Posts: 53
    pics -

while the pics make me shake my head - I will download and use them in class - to add to my "fubared" file.
This discussion has been closed.