Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

looking for a Taco 3 speed

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
stainless steel volute. Are these available yet? Need one for my RPA hydro separation demo panel, by next week if possible.

hr
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Have you called Taco

To find distribution in your area? That should be your first call, not here.
  • hot_rod
    Options
    yes I did

contact the local Johnstone Supply first, my go to, local supplier for Taco. No stainless, 3 speed version available in their system.

Knowing they do not always have the most up to date products, I came here.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Supply House Rick
    Options
    Can't they overnight one for you?

You can get a letter in Japan by 10:30am tomorrow, why can't Johnstone get you a pump? Putting a product in the system is a simple process, add shipping and expediting fees if applicable and just like that you have a pump.
  • hot_rod
    Options
    It's not in their system

turn out Taco don't offer a 3 speed in stainless. 3 speed, yes. Stainless, yes. I've seen 'em both in the trade mags. But not the 3 speed/ ss combo.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Taco

Hot Rod, can you e-mail or call John Barba at Taco, he might be able to help you out, he usually checks out this site once and a while, try their website to see if they have a listing for you
  • hot_rod
    Options
    Taco has contacted me

and is going out of their way to help. Nice to know they are watching, listening, and working for the contractors and installers.

Guess it really is "all about us" :)

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    H.R.

You might have to check the "specialties" section. Most stainless pumps are used in the food and liquid foods industries.Maybe also listed in Pharmaceuticals ?

I know I saw a few while in the Fatherland, but they were a bit big, and connected to stainless piping as well.

Have you checked other manufacturers? The stainless ones I saw had a few different names. Chris
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,049
    Options
    After touring the Taco Plant recently and meeting with Johnny

White's Top Dogs, I'm certain they will get right on it for you, HR. Mad Dog
  • Supply House Rick
    Options
    What about WILO?

Did you look at WILO? Why taco?
  • Supply House Rick
    Options
    I thought Caleffi Specifies WILO?

Why not use your Caleffi powers to obtain a pump that you already partner with? You know like WILO?
  • hot_rod
    Options
    spreading the wealth

looking at all the options.

An still waiting for that Wilo sample that was headed my way about three years ago :)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Supply House Rick
    Options
    Oh so it's about FREE stuff

Now it's crystal clear. The products you promote are the ones who give you free stuff and trips. Does quality ever come into play?
  • Supply House Rick
    Options
    Oh so it's about FREE stuff

Now it's crystal clear. The products you promote are the ones who give you free stuff and trips. Does quality ever come into play?
  • hot_rod
    Options
    They offered, I didn't

ask for a pump. They wanted contractor input and opinions, part of their R&D budget I suppose.

I like to try products before i pass judgement. Even then, sometimes it takes years until the reliability is known, Entran 2 comes to mind.

Tough to get contractors to switch from product that have served them well over the years. Pumps for example. Takes more than clever "pumping intelligence" ad to get most to switch.

Show me the product, let me install and run it if you want opinion based on reality.

Speaking of intelligent pumps, check your date codes :)

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
This discussion has been closed.