Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

testo 327 CO levels

narcaparbebra
narcaparbebra Member Posts: 32
My company just purchased a testo 327 combustion analyzer. Before this we were using the bacharach fyrite pros. I like the testo analyzer but the only thing is i seem to be getting very low in flue CO levels only on oil #2 systems. All the gas systems seem to test ok (or #s Im more used to seeing). We just got one of the fyrite pros back from calibration and did a side by side test with the two analyzers. The fyrite had 48ppm CO while the testo had 2ppm. I know the testo has a nox filter in it but the numbers just seem un-realistic to me. Anyone else have any experience with the testos and there CO levels?

Comments

• Jim Davis_3
    Jim Davis_3 Member Posts: 578

NOX is a by-product of flame temperature. The hotter the flame the more NOX. Oil burns 800-1000 degrees hotter than natural gas so it will produce more NOX. This will interfer more with the CO reading on Bacharach. Not sure it should vary over 40ppm. Once they approach higher CO levels the NOX filter doesn't matter. You will always have lower CO readings on the Testo, well most of the time.
This discussion has been closed.