Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tee pulling

MikeyB
MikeyB Member Posts: 696
Beautiful work Rob, very nice

Comments

• Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Like pulling teeth (Tee)

For anyone who has considered using a tee puller, this is for you. This fabrication is of a 6"x3" pull on L copper. I roll groved both the 6 and the 3 for ease of working with on the job site. I never checked the price of a 6x3 tee but I'm fairly sure its spendy. This was certainly a much quicker and cheaper alternative.

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Fab Shop?

Do you have a fab shop or is this a one time pull? We used t-drills 20 years ago nd they were great for ptting tees wherever needed.

It would be interesting to do a comparison in order to see what is more cost effective. I am guessing the tee is about $400.00. You must have spent several hours with setup etc.

Great work I have never worked with that large of a T-Drill. Did you have to pre-heat the pipe prior to the pull?
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    fabby

Fab shop yes, one time pull no. There were 3 to do and start to finish it took apox. 3 hours to finish all 3. I preheat anything over 2&1/2". I think it could of been done sooner but the tool didn't want to cut out the material were marked, thus not allowing the head to enter the pipe. I had to finish the holes with the pencil grinder. Another problem was the groover which decided to "walk" 2 times thus making some pretty expensive "rabbit's". After making a few boo boo's, the last one only took 20 minutes.
    Thanks for the comments!

Robert O'Connor/NJ
This discussion has been closed.