Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars

Heather_5
Heather_5 Member Posts: 39
The trouble shooting manual for that model, if you'd like.

Comments

• Laars

Model LD125N (serial #C02PI0887), pool boiler.

There have been intermittent lock outs, but by the time I get there, the timer has cycled and the boiler turns on for me. It has a Fenwall 05-339013-003 (E0201300) ignition control module that I suspect. Have there been any problems with these?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,830
    flow switch?

does it use a flow switch to trigger the fire? If so check that. Or a pressure switch to drop out the boiler when flow drops. Dirty filters can cause in adequate flow problems.

Also ALL the wiring connections should be removed cleaned and reinstalled. Pool room air can be very corrosive to electrical connections..

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Todd Boekelheide
    Todd Boekelheide Member Posts: 1

Following up on Alan's post: I'm the client, and, spurred by his help, I've been digging deeper into this problem. What I've found is that the temperature control unit seems to be the problem. If I bypass it, the heater comes on. Trying to narrow down from there, I find that bypassing just the temperature sensor doesn't help, so I'm tentatively concluding that the unit isn't sending any signal to the temperature sensor, as if somewhere in that epoxy brick there's a broken lead or something.

Would anyone have any suggestions based on that? The temperature sensor unit is ~$230, so I'm not excited about the idea of replacing it just to see if that fixes the problem.
  • RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
    Gas pressure.

Is there any new gas appliances operating off the gas meter. Have your utility co. check gas pressure and gas meter. Tele. Larrs locks out on ignition failure only.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

Call Laars. They have excellent techs that will walk you through any process so you can be sure you are buying what you need...

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
This discussion has been closed.