Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Installing new furnace for radiant baseboard heating

JK_3
JK_3 Member Posts: 240
What you have appears to be a gas fired hot water baseboard heating system with three zones. You have a boiler not a furnace and baseboard heat not radiant. We do not discuss pricing on this web site. Your replacement options range from the bottom of the line direct replacement to of the top of the line modulating/condensing system with all of the bells and whistles. More important than the equipment that you choose is the installer that you choose. You would probably do well to utilize the "find a professional" on this site. If you have questions about a proposed system I am sure that some of us here would be willing to help guide you through some of the pros and or cons of the different systems and options available. Hope this helps

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=417&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Johnson
    Johnson Member Posts: 2
    Help with baseboard radiant water heating

Hi,

My home uses radiant baseboard heating, and I want to replace this unit shown in the picture. It's more than 15 years old and breaks in one way or another once a year. But I don't know what it's called, and what sort of company to call, and what price range to expect. Can anyone tell me what I should do?

The other cylindrical unit is our water heater. It's new, so nothing needs to be done there. Water circulates our house to provide heat through baseboard strips along the edges of a room where wall and floor meets.

Thanks!
  • MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    Right along the top..

Click on "Resources"

Click on "Find a Professional"

Punch in your zip code..

Have a nice day!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Johnson
    Johnson Member Posts: 2

That helps. Thank you very much!
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    15 years old

your boiler looks surprisingly good for 15 years old. why not not show the pro you consult the list of things that have been done to it over the years, and maybe there is still another 10 years in it! if you have a new high-efficiency boiler, you will definitely need service on it once a year [like oil-changes on a car], so choose your professional wisely--you will have an on-going relationship with him!--nbc
This discussion has been closed.