Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HYDRO AIR SYSTEM

DOUG_47
DOUG_47 Member Posts: 1
Im in the process of possibly purchasing a house that currently has radiant floor heat on the first floor and no AC. By all accounts the steel pipe system which is 55 years old is just waiting to fail. Here in lies are perdicament....we need HVAC throughout the entire house and are looking for effeciency, comfort on a budget. The owner recently purchased a buderus Legano G215 boiler with a indirect hot water tank, the system is less then 3 years old. We need to run ductwork throughout the entire house 1st adn 2nd floor...approx 2500 sq ft. I was researching to find if there was a way to use the bioler as a heat source instead of buying a new furnace, and came across this website. I am famaliar with hydronic heat in the commercial setting but not residential. Would it be cost effective to use the current boiler as a heat source and then run a seperate chiller for AC. Any ideas would be very much appreciated...we are scheduled to settle on April 28th and any ideas would be very very much appreciated. We live in Silver Spring, Md and if anyone has a estimate as to how much a system like this would cost please let me know....thanks. Im currently trying to find an HVAC who can give me some options and alternatives.

Thanks

Comments

• bb_11
    bb_11 Member Posts: 39
    Find a Pro

it's on the Resource tab above. There are several great contractors in your area.

Radiant cooling is tough here in MD since we have high humidity.

bb
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    hydro air

You may want to consider a hydroair system for the upstairs, the unit has an AC coil and would drop cool air in the summer, and a zone of hot air in the winter, not sure how much cutting you want to do on an old house, this way the attic has the parts and only the power, drain, AC lines and water pipe needs to be brought there. Perhaps the first floor could be changed to a staple up radiant and a few panel rads. If you live in a northern climate, and don't have an unusual amount of glass on the lower level I don't see the need for AC registers on the lower level.
  • Bill_44
    Bill_44 Member Posts: 4

ESP manufactures an HVAC system with 2" flex duct that is perfect for your project. Go to: www.hi-velocity.com for more info and to find a qualified contractor in your area.
This discussion has been closed.