Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

desuperheater piping

Todd_17
Todd_17 Member Posts: 31
Has anyone ever piped more than one desuperheater (hot water generator) from a ground source heat pumps into one storage tank, and if so, how? I followed the instructions form from the manufactor and there is an area of piping that the water needs to flow in both directions, seems odd. I am not having the best results from the desuperheaters, and i think the piping is an issue. Any help? The piping I installed is simple, 4 parallel circuits with check valve to a header and then into the tank.

Comments

• Mars_3
    Mars_3 Member Posts: 65
    I like this method

Hopefully I can send this and on page 20 I like the way this works. The right hand view is the one that I have had good luck with, but from a hydronic stand point there is an issue that can arise. The desuperheaters units need to be piped as close to parrell as possible or you may have venturi syphoning through a geo unit that may not be calling. I would also pipe the units in 3/4" where they are conjoined so as to take into concideration the added flow of both pumps running at the same time. I hope this helps Matt.
This discussion has been closed.