Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Drop in R22 replacement

change the gaskets and seals, oil and all the filters when you do that. also change the gauges according to the refrigerant

Comments

• Paul Fredricks_9
    Paul Fredricks_9 Member Posts: 315

I saw on the back of a trade paper an add for Mo99 (or M099) from DuPont that is a drop in replacement for R-22. According to DuPont's site, the only other thing you need to do is replace the filter drier and any seals. I assume by seals they mostly mean the schraeder cores in the access ports for most units. It is compatible with the existing oil.

Has anyone used this product, or the other drop ins? and what do you think?
  • Hvacman
    Hvacman Member Posts: 159
    Replacement for R-22

Most supply houses stock an awesome drop-in replacement for R-22... It requires no oil, seal, or filter/ dryer replacement... just gas and go... No, I don't subscribe to the thought that R-22 will go the way of R-12, when I need to replace R-22 I buy R-22! :-)
  • Paul Fredricks_9

According to Dupont you don't have to change the oil with this replacement. They made it, so I guess they would know.

On residential, which is 99.99% of our business, the only seals I can think of are the schrader cores. What else is there?
  • Paul Fredricks_9

Do you know what the replacement is?

And why wouldn't 22 go the way of 12? They'll stop making it, and the hacks will keep venting to the atmosphere so there will be less and less of it.
This discussion has been closed.