Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Drop header question.

Options
and deviate from the manufacturers suggested 15" min. from the first of 2 supply tees after the drop,,(there will be 2 separate supples to the system), will this be a problem?<BR>I am very <i>tight</i> for room.<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    which boiler manufacterer

could not open that, Dave. what flavor boiler ?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Couldn`t open a PDF bob?

What the hecks wrong?
    Have you been fooling too much with Paul Bunyan? LOL! ;-)

Dave
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641
    Options

same here will not open
  • bob young
    Options

SCORE : PAUL BUNYAN --2 BOILER-0
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    I opened it

it's for a Dunkirk, right?

What I'd do is elbow the riser over, away from the steam main takeoffs, then drop it into the header. You should be able to keep your 15" by doing this.

Here's a pic where we did this to keep the piping from getting in front of the circuit-breaker box. Fortunately, it wasn't a Federal-Pacific :-0

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Unknown
    Options
    Exactly Frank,

that`s what I was thinking of doing!
    Dunkirk comes-off both sides(if you chose to), so if you bring them closer together(with a drop-header), shouldn`t that reduce the 15"?

Dave
  • bob young
    Options
    STEAM HEADER

I RECENTLY USED A SIMILAR PIPING ARRANGEMENT ON A WEIL-MCLAIN WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS, FRANK. YOU GOT THE PICTURE, DAVE .NOW HAVE AT IT !!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not a problem

We always pipe our tees as close as possible . For the same reason you're thinking of doing it .......... Lack of space .

Never had a problem with a steamer yet , piping them this way . Well , that is after a real good cleaning and skim :)
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Don't need to reduce the 15\"

between the last riser connection to the header and the steam main takeoff(s), if you pipe it as the pic shows.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for yor input guys,,

The boiler is 24" wide,, then adding 15",,, then 2 supply tees & equalizer line I`d be way over.
    I was going to use a drop-header on both outlets, move one-side closer to the other(drop/offset), then this should give me more.
    Did I say that right?

Dave
  • bob young
    Options
    time's a-wasting

SO now you got the game plan , Dave ,hurry up , we gotta go meet paul bunyan.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh , I understand

You want to tee both the boiler risers close together after they drop . So the boiler main , with the drop , 3 tees and eualizer ell are close to the boiler ? I see no problem with that either . Good luck on the project Dave . And post some pics !!! Summer steamer .
This discussion has been closed.