Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

De Dietrich Boilers

Glen Aspen_2
Glen Aspen_2 Member Posts: 53
to be invited to both the Weishaupt and the Riello schools. Both offer first class training on their products. My attendance was arranged through Viessmann Mfg Co Inc - so if you are associated with Viessmann or another boiler supplier/manufacturer - a product specific school may be available to you.

Comments

• boilerman jc NYC
    boilerman jc NYC Member Posts: 5
    De Dietrich Boilers

Has anyone installed a De Dietrich Boiler? I have a building with a HB Smith 28-A-9 hot water boiler, burning straight gas. Boiler was installed in 1997. Owner tells me they have replaced several sections in the past 2 years. Two intermittent sections are presently leaking. All piping is above ground, so no leaks. System is zoned with 5 circulators. No blend pump or 3 way valve on the current install. I can reuse the Power-Flame Burner on the new De Dietrich Boiler. I like the temperature ranges on this boiler. Also it is a Near Condensing Boiler. Looking for reliability and installation feedback.
    Thanks for any input!
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    DeDietrich

I installed a smaller residential DTG-120, a few years ago. Seemed like a well built boiler. Quiet & lots of jacket insulation. The only thing I didn't like were the line voltage controls, but I haven't had any issues. I haven't installed any of the larger commmercial sized ones.
  • boilerman jc NYC
    Thank for the input!

• The Boiler Dr.
    The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
    Deitrich Boilers

I have eleven units (only 2 of which I was involved in installing) which range in size from 800K to 4.6 million. All have Riello burners.All are working excellent considering the original installations were "questionable". Most have 3 or 4 way Tekmar valves and also are used for DHW.
  • Glen Aspen_2
    Glen Aspen_2 Member Posts: 53
    yes - several

all with the Weishaupt WG 40 digital burner with Honeywell temp controllers. They certainly meet their published efficieny ratings plus a point or two. The term Near Condensing though is food for discussion - in all cases at low fire these boilers condense substantially and rely on the next high fire cycle to evaporate the condensate. Now they say their cast iron is the best but I must wonder how long will it last with several gallons of acidic condensate pooling in the combustion chamber. All were setup to published turndowns. Another item to consider is the supplied schematics - I found the terminals poorly labelled and identified. Overall though once the difficulties were ironed out during the commissioning process - worked well and continue to work well.
  • boilerman jc NYC
    Thanks Glen.

I wanted to ask you if there is a training School for the Weispaupt Burners. I heard alot of good things about these burners. I know they are the Caddy of burners. Price reflects it as well.
This discussion has been closed.