Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

finding the right boiler manufacturer

Hi Mark,
I know people at Bell Pump and will give it a try.My "A" coil for heat and air conditioning is in my attic.Even with pipe insulation and heat in the ducts I still run the risk of a freeze up. The automatic water feed could go for days if I was gone on vacation.
I'm still looking for a trusted name in boiler manufacturing for dependability and simplicity of servicing.

Comments

• Raymond Casavant
    Raymond Casavant Member Posts: 2
    finding the right boiler manufacturer

Hello,
    I am in the process of replacing a very disappointing propane Trianco Mark II series boiler. Most of the problems were in the safety controls that would shut down the system.The mfg. gave no support and none of the tech's understood the operations of the systems.
    I have a 100,000btu warm air hydronic system. The hot water goes to an A coil located in the attic of my 2250sf ranch house and distributes the warm air through the air ducts of my formally all electric home.I have a hot water maker that is still fine. Even though the ducts are fully insullated, I am using 30% Noburst anti-freeze.
    As a senior,I need your help to find a manufacturer that produces a dependable boiler which is simple to install and user friendly for the tech's that are availble here in Connecticut.Drew from Noble recommended you as the best.
    Thank-you,
    Ray Casavant
    P.S. The woman that spoke to me this morning was very supportive
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Ray

I think you need a good local contractor. I am not sure why in CT you would need a glycol mix for hydro air.

I work in CT now and then. We will be up your way thoughout the summer. We work an area here in Ohio that is larger than the state of Connecicut, it is flater, but the same size.

Try the find a pro link on this site. Call and talk to the pros. If that does not work.

Find a local Bell Pump store and ask for the best counter guy, tell them Mark from Ohio told you to call. Ask for three guys the counter guy thinks are good. Then call them.

I do not think you are as helpless as I read your post.
  • Mark Custis
    I forgot:

• Mark Custis
    and pushed the wrong button

I am yet to become a senior, too much to learn and too many things to fix. I will only get to be 60 next birthday.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,399
    Not sure if there are any FAPs in your area

If so, call them. I don't remember if Bob Bona is still listed, but he is a stand-up guy and knows his -----. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • I would

Keep the feed valve closed and a LWCO is a must! JMO.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    thank you

MD. Raymond, email me if you are in or near Fairfield County. if not email me anyway- I know some good guys spread over CT.

Raymond, though it's important to pick a good boiler mfr., it's even more important to pick the right installer. No matter how much you want to read and learn about equipment, nothing beats a guy who lives and breathes the stuff every day, knows what works, what doesn't. He knows what's locally available, what will give you a good, trouble free product. Good luck!
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998

Stay away from the counter guys. They will sell what they feel is for them the best deal. They have NO experience with the equipment or its problems. Get a wellknown installer who usualy is not the cheapest. He has the experience and since he had made a profit will gladly handle any issues that will arise.
This discussion has been closed.