Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

T T Excellence

Metro Man
Metro Man Member Posts: 220
First of all want to say I really like the T T boilers. Had an issue today with an Excellence boiler. Homeowner went out of town for a couple of weeks and set all the stats to vacation mode. I don't think the house had a call for heat the entire time he was out. He came back turned stats back to normal settings but got no heat but had hot water. I ran out to check and at 1st could not get internal 3 way to move but "coaxed" it, cycled a bunch of times and all was well. Got me thinking though and talked with tech @ triangle. There is no Error message for a bad 3-way. So if same thing happens in the winter could spell big trouble. Or after all summer with no heat call, 3-way sits, then 6 months later 1st call for heat.... is valve going to move or ???? I think an exercise function to activate and reactivate the 3-way would be prudent or fault the 3-way to heating loop. Sure would be nice if the 3-way lever and button were on the side that you can see not facing inwards.

While I'm on it the default for domestic hot water to be satisfied b4 switching to a heat call should be after 40 - 50 min. Not as the timed option it is now. Talked with eman today (thanks for the beer) and a boiler (Solo) that was being installed on a construction site w/ domestic pump wired nutted off did what it was supposed to..... tried to satisfy the unconnected priority indirect indefinitely while the home went cold.

Triangle has always been great about listening to contractors and have made changes to they're boilers accordingly. Maybe somebody is listening.

Metro Man

Comments

• Nikolai
    Nikolai Member Posts: 31
    exercise routine

Trinity Condensing Boiler equipped with Centry Controller that performs a timed exetcise routine on the pumps. Nick
  • Metro Man
    Metro Man Member Posts: 220
    Exorcise or die

Seems many boilers will do this simple method. I think if they change the zone so it "rests" in the heat mode this would be enough to cycle zone. Or maybe better yet just add another pump that is sized specifically for DHW production. Seems that the fact you have a 3-speed adjustment would mean you may be taking the circ pump out of it's sweet spot for dhw production. I would think the cost of another pump would be less the the 1" 3-way they have stuck in there.

While there at it.... change both to var. speed pumps. Everything is all I want!

Any TT men out there?

Metro Man
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    heard

about a month or so ago from my TT rep that VS pumps are on the horizon..
  • Eileen Olive
    Eileen Olive Member Posts: 99
    VS pumps

I have a new Solo-110, seems to run fine. Delta-T is usually 20-ish. What advantage would I get altering pump speed? Might I be better served with a Delta of, say, 30, as has been suggested. My run times appear to be fairly constant whether 20 degrees out side or 35 degrees, although she does modulate down quite a bit.
This discussion has been closed.