Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Alert on cleaning Buderus GB boiler

Options
Alan R. Mercurio_3
Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
Attached is some helpful information regarding that.

Your friend in the industry,
Alan R. Mercurio

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=408&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Alert on cleaning Buderus GB boiler

just wanted to give heads up, we serviced a GB last friday, we did not put in so first time seeing it. Heat exchanger was almost 80% blocked with scale on aluminum. Did the mineral oil burn off and brush and flush several times. Got it to about maybe 75% clear after many hours of cleaning. Will return again in few weeks or so to go through process again. Just goes to show that these things need cleaning annualy. Tim
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    Options
    Got a buddy who put one in his house...

Out of curiousity how old is the unit or how long has it been in service? What is it heating (i.e. temps it is seeing, those types of things)? Is there any particular reason it was blocked up like it was i.e. a problem or is that just wear and tear/required service for these aluminum heat exchangers?
    Class 'A' Gas Fitter - Certified Hydronic Systems Designer - Journeyman Plumber
  • Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
    Options
    Pressure

switch be sure to clean it . Most of our lock out were because of dirt in it , Also clean the trap.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    I think it was appx 3 yrs old, set up pretty good

On mostly radiant high mass slab. It concerns me they are getting this scaled. My tech on site also said the flue/comb air separation might be a bit sketchy which I will look at. And double yes on full flush out of trap, clean all ports etc. Tim
This discussion has been closed.