Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

best new heatpump for 2400sq ft east TN home

Dee_3
Dee_3 Member Posts: 1
My 23yr old 7 SEER Carrier heat pump has finally died. The more online research I do, the more confused I am becoming. The HVAC guy recommended replacing w/ 13 SEER, 7.7 HSPF. The house is a 2400sq ft basement rancher located in East TN.
I hope to sell the home within 3-5yrs. Does anyone have good advice and/or recommendations?

Comments

• My opinion

I would go higher than 13 SEER for sure. Especially if you are going to be in the home for several more years. Pay attention to warranties. Look for 10 year compressor and 5 year parts as a minimum.
  • Jumping a little higher on the EER

will qualify you for the tax credit of 30% up to 1500.00...its no brainer
  • Jack_44
    Jack_44 Member Posts: 35
    best vs. ROI

Don't know if you want the BEST or a decent mid-term fix. the best (most efficient) solution would be a VRF or VRV from Fujitsui, Sanyo, Daikin, Mitsubishi. Eventually US manufacturers will catch up to the Japanese in the technology, but, right now, they aren't there.

The second choice would be multi-splits from the same manufacturers.

All are variable speed split systems with high efficiencies & ability to heat without the stupid supplemental heat strips (at least down to 0*F, if not below). Very quiet, small; but more expensive than a conventional heat pump.
This discussion has been closed.