Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Walseal Silbraz?

roy Goodman
roy Goodman Member Posts: 8
A client of ours has the following question:

have found the original 3 inch building service entrance piping is put together with "Walseal Silbraz" fittings. They look like screwed fittings, but are socket welded, and the pipe is a different diameter than standard copper.

are fittings/adapters available for this material?

Comments

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    T.P. SYSTEM

Standard T.P. [ THREADLESS PIPE ] .065 WALL copper pipe. fittings & adapters are available & costly. 1950& 60 brazed system. favorite of navy shipyard installation with walworth valves & fittins or flagg-flow. i ran a million miles of it from 1/2 " to 10 " great system --SAME O.D. AS I.P.S. but gauge too lite for threading. BRASS PIPE CAN BE USED WITH T.P. FITTINGS. MUST BE BRAZED
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,399
    Love it too Bob - very versatile.

The guys that broke me in were old Navy-Yard guys...we did alot of that...LOVE silverbrazing. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • roy Goodman
    walseal silbraz

Thanks for the info! Any ideas as to where the fittings/pipe could be purchased?
  • bob young
    threadless pipe

DAVIS & WARSHAW MASPETH,NY-------BRUCE SUPPLY BKLYN, NY ----NEW UTRECT PLBG. SUPPLY BKLYN, NY B.F. GILMOUR SUPPLY BKLYN, NY To name a few. all you need are probably t.p. x male adapters & take it from there with whatever flavor pipe you decide on.
  • roy Goodman
    walseal

thanks! much appreciated!
  • bob young
    pipefitting

working in the quincy, mass. shipyard on new navy subs & surface craft helped me develop some serious pipefitting expertise.best job i ever had. the skill level of those shipyard mechanics is heavy duty. and the navy inspects the final product. serious business.
This discussion has been closed.