Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

system2000 are they as good as they claim

sean_33
sean_33 Member Posts: 1
are system 2000 boilers as good as they are claimed to be

Comments

• oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641

if installed correctly and serviced -annualy they are --
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185

and I might add , serviced by someone who understands them.

The only problems I encounter, are ones created by unqualified service people.
  • Erich_3
    Erich_3 Member Posts: 135
    Better

They are even better than they are claimed to be. AFUE is not an accurate measure of their efficiency. They do not have the problems found in condensing boilers.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    they are

I've mentioned on here and other sites that I have used them since 1984, and they are very impressive. Efficiency, noise level, Digital Manager, and so on. As stated by others, they require qualified techs, who also have an open mind, to service them, and they are American designed and manufactured. peace
  • Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    sys 2000

agreed.
    The real problem is that they won't train anyone but there dealers to service the equipment. Can you be sure the guy who installs it will be around when you need them???

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • billtwocase
    training

Al, they train year round. Their classes do cost a few dollars, but worth it. There really isn't any complication that they can have that others can't also experience. The manager is the only special feature, and is easily troubleshot with flashing lights. With the manual, they are a walk in the park. peace
  • rich p_4
    rich p_4 Member Posts: 25
    training

I have been servicing and installing for almost 9 years
    Great support, excellent training. They will pretty much come to you for training, or they have training very frequently. Its not just sales show either.
    Personally, I dont understand what is so difficult.
    Beckett or Carlin or Riello, with basic primary control
    An energy manager with lights, pre wired and QUIET
    And they can come with oil LP or Natural.
    Guys give it a try.
    Rich P
  • billtwocase
    Amen Rich

Amazing the technology available and simplified. With a system like this, there is no need for outdoor reset. Purges all it's energy. and totally on demand system, and plus side it's American born and bred. peace
  • steve_29

Al you statement is totally wrong, anyone can get training on this system, for those actually interested.

Maybe your confused with the Blue Flame burner out there, not only had you better had the training, but have the tools, parts and equipment to service it.

Training is even available on this technology for those taking an interest.
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    Service seminars

Al, you're cordially invited to any of our training seminars. We have one a month up through November. In the spring we're out on the road from Maryland to Maine. A lot of attendees are what we call a non-dealer. We give them the same tech support that we extend to our dealers.

If you have a problem or question with one of our systems just call and ask for Tech Support.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    There

is no more efficient oil boiler,that much is fact. The remainder of the debate is opinion.See attachment
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Leo_33
    Leo_33 Member Posts: 2
    A Good Book

They give out a great manual at all the trade shows. All you have to do is read it. As far as problems, FOLLOW THE MANUAL to set the burner up. Nozzle and pump pressure then use the instruments. Oh, you can't see the flame that excludes some but I doubt they are reading this. The Manager, read the manual. No different than learning a
    Buderus, Viessman, or Tekmar control. Each has it's own traits.

Leo
  • Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    training

Well, someone should tell the reps in Maine, cause everytime I've asked, have been told if you don't sell it, we can't train you. Besides, I've removed 5 from service in the last 2 year cause they leak....all less than 15 years old and the new replacement boiler ran better and used less fuel, and it wasn't a System 2000...yes I did check warrantee, but customers didnt want another one.
    So I rest my case.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • steve_29

Who was servicing the boiler?

I'd guess whoever did, didn't know what they were doing.

What boilers did you install that were more efficient than S2000?

I think there maybe alot of interest, because the S2000 has been tested by an independant national lab, more efficient than a 95% ModCon, they must of missed that one.

• billtwocase
    Al

Are you sure it wasn't condensation? The Classic manager era boilers needed a dual aquastat on the return. I have never found a leaker yet, not saying not possible, no way. but have 1979 and up EK's only needed aquabank replcements. They do require annual servicing like any other unit out there, and if set properly, it's like sand. peace

• Good product, Good people, Service friendly, Good training. All around good outfit. Going to there place in Jersey in July for training and tour. However just like anything on the market, it can be screwed up by the moron mafia!
  • billtwocase
    Echo Ed

They're always a phone call away, and always willing to help. I have always wanted to go down there to the motherland, but they come up my way for training. peace
This discussion has been closed.