Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Zone valves with glycol

billtwocase
billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
They are all vulnerable I find, and any rubber along the way. I guess it's the price you pay for freeze protection? I generaly prefer all circs and flowchecks if from day one it has glycol, but even the "O" rings in the circ start to show signs of leakage. Depending on the conditions, I try to run a lower percentage and test it yearly. peace

Comments

• jim dowling_2
    jim dowling_2 Member Posts: 15
    Zone valves with glycol

Which zone valve would be the best to be used considering that even with inhib. and conditioners would hold up and last the longest. Has to be full port. Have found out that over the years that any valve or IFC pump fail because of glycol. Im asuming that the plastics and rubber get attacked, any help. H/well-Rubber, W/roger-Stain steel??
  • kpc_73
    kpc_73 Member Posts: 26
    do you....

really need the glycol? I hate the stuff and rarly use it unless a home is prone to having the power go out for long periods of time...I understand that a main reason for glycol "failure" is system clenliness. make sure the system is clean and flushed first (Rhomar has great products)then add in the glycol... hope this helps.kpc
This discussion has been closed.