Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Updating Steam Boiler to a New Riello?

Jean-David Beyer
Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
My old Beckett burner is showing its age. Rather than upgrading the pump, igniter, etc. I was advised by my oil supplier to install a new Riello burner. My question, will a more efficient burner reduce the life of my old steamer, which is working just fine. In any case, the burner needs replacing. Comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks to all.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    new burner

would there be an option of having a "HI-LO-HI" staged firing [75/100%] in the new burner? that could save some money, and might be easier on the old boiler.--nbc
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    A new burner

won't have any impact on the potential life of the boiler. I'd consider a Beckett NX as well as a Riello.The NX is very quiet and has integral post purge
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Jon_21
    Jon_21 Member Posts: 2
    Rielllo

Riello is the best burner on the market. Install a Riello and your service problems will go away, and you'll save $$$ on fuel oil...
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    That being said

Any burner will only perform as good as the install or the techs servicing it. Riello is a great burner if installed and set up properly. The boiler will not last longer by replacing the burner, infact what make/model/year of steamer do you have? Could be throwing good money after bad? peace
This discussion has been closed.