Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

buderus st 300

Joe H
Joe H Member Posts: 15
what shall i be looking for in water?

Comments

• Joe H
    Joe H Member Posts: 15

I have a client that has a buderus st 300 indirect tank. This is the 2nd tank installed due to pin hole in coil.
    It is 2 years old. I went there for a call today and the boiler ga244 relief valve was leaking. Checked the expansion tank and shut off fastfill. Pressure is still building up and blowing off boiler. I opened the fastfill back up and then turned off the cold water line feeding the storage tank and the system pressure is still fine. What is th ebest way to see if the coil has a leak in it besides air test. We service the heater every year to keep anode rod clean. Client very unhappy with buderus products right now. any suggestions
  • kpc_73
    kpc_73 Member Posts: 26
    Get the credit...

change brands....use the tank on next job. Is there an issues w/ the water?
    On another note I am told the coils that are in The HTP Super stor contenders are made by Buderus too... I have had 3 such problems w/ pinholes in their coils too....2 on two diff. town water suppies , 1 on a well. Hmmm something is up. kpc

• Get water tested! Address problem with water.
  • John M_6
    John M_6 Member Posts: 1
    Chlorides

Start with PH but I would check for chlorides, Chlorides are the number one killer of Stainless Steel tanks and Steam Boilers, generally Chlorides are not tested when you have your water analyzed, make sure you tell them specifically.
  • Do chlorides

affect copper ? Could it be the reason copper coils last so long around here ( and don't gunk up ) , and stainless tanks leak after a few years ?
  • is the ST 300

a stainless tank and coil? I thought Buderus used that baked on epoxy coating
  • kpc_73
    kpc_73 Member Posts: 26
    true...

steel coila and steel tank...
This discussion has been closed.