Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vent damper recall

Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
http://fieldcontrols.cmail5.com/T/ViewEmail/y/61FD5DF80BB5D55C/768244773BDB73936A4D01E12DB8921D
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Thanks Bob

They have been workin on that recall for awhile. And to think they are pushing their new stack damper for oil. peace
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Bill

This would make more likely to do business with them.They are admitting a problem,correcting it and offering compensation.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Thanks, Bob

I just installed a replacement vent damper on an old Hydrotherm. It closed on a call for heat and allowed the boiler to fire.

But this recall looks like it's for vent dampers supplied as original equipment. Hmmmmmm.
  • What`s wrong

with a V/D for oil?
    On approved equipment & proper set-up I only see this as a plus.

Dave
  • Alan (CaliforniaRadiant) Forbes

Was this oil or NG?
    Would a spill switch not have helped?
    I thought that was code?

Dave
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    If the product works

I'm all for it. We've been down this road late 70's, early 80's with Flair. Most did not work, and caused many a call back. Field is a pretty good company to deal with on warranty items. They will be out there on units, and time will tell. Wiring is crucial, as in all motorized draft or damper system. Spillage and proven switches have to be in play. Like i said, Every little bit of technology helps us all, just hope it proves to be reliable, for we the middle men take the flack as usual. peace
  • This was

NG. Sure, the spill switch would have shut off the boiler, but I'm still stuck with a faulty vent damper.
This discussion has been closed.