Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

system 2000 diret vent with inducer fan ?

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,143
Recently had service call for a system 2000 gas fired frontier model,boiler was not operating and after a few questions found out that there is a inducer fan mounted in the crawl space ,the inducer is about 25 ft away from the boiler and they ran standard B vent (4 inch)with 2 ells ,the inducer fan and flue pipe do show signs of condensation not only in the crawl space but also at the first elbow off the unit (after 24 inch straight vert lenght )I personally did not like the set up of no secondary air flow /pressure switch on the inducer fan and that the system only locks out on the units pressure switch and while i trouble shooted this unit i first reset the primary control and she fired and ran and contiuned to run till i shut the servie switch off realizing the inducer was not operating ,i did cyle the burner again and the burner did shut off on the pressure switch but i just thought the way it was set up without a seperate pressure switch proving the inducer was omplete BS and the cheapest way out aside from my personal thoughts the HO insistes that this whole venting set up is EK approved .Am i right in thinking that the way all this venting was done is not really correct and that the flue pipe up to the inducer should be stainless and insulated to handle the uncondition spaces it runs through and possibable have a drain tee put in to handle some of the condensate or am i just being conerned and sticking to the book abit much.Personally i would have never done the venting in that fashion and further more i would have been way over bid on it anyway thanks for any input peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    EK

I think you are right Clammy. I'm surprised it doesn't have a river flowing thru it. Temps must be way too low for the boiler to run properly, or at all. Someone must have thought this was a condensing boiler. peace
This discussion has been closed.